This morning I awoke to a very nice surprise. Mrs. Stone at Pebbles On The Road had nominated me for a Liebster Award! Now, I’ve seen these Liebster Awards on other blogs I read, and I’d wondered about them. How cool to have this recognition and learn more about it. Thank you very much, Mrs. Stone!! I am humbled. Now it is my turn to share a bit about this award and to nominate others.
Here is what I have learned about the Liebster. The Liebster Blog Award is one given to newer bloggers who have who have less than 200 followers for their blog (yep, that’s me!). It is a way of showcasing newer blogs/bloggers to the blogging community. Once you receive the award, you can either accept it or opt out of participating. I’m opting in!!! That means I get to nominate other blogs, answer some questions about me, and ask some questions of those I nominate. Hooray!
Before I go on too far, I have the responsibility to post the Liebster Award Unofficial Rules.
The Unofficial Rules For The Liebster Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog. Once again, Mrs. Stone, thank you so very much for this award. Check out Mrs. Stone’s blog, Pebbles on the Road, a witty, humorous look at the bumps and boulders on the road of life.
2. Display the award on your blog! Done!
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, provided by the blogger who nominated you. See below.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Again, see below.
5. Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award. Okay, going to do my best here. There are so many wonderful blogs.
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominees. Let’s see if I can get creative.
7. Post these rules on your blog. Done!
8. Tag your nominees and let them know with a link to your post.
My Answers to Mrs. Stone’s Questions
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? Well, originally I found myself writing about our experiences whenever I struggled with something regarding Blake’s OCD. It was therapeutic, and a way to put down into words what was going on in my head. I occasionally shared my writings with a few close people and they seemed touched by them. I wondered if my words could be helpful to others, or if others were going through something similar. I also wondered what it would be like to track our journey over time. Hence, the blog was born.
2. How did you come up with the name for your blog? Honestly, that was no easy task. I went round and round for months before I settled on something that worked for me. OCD In The Family finally percolated up to the top because that’s what our family is dealing with – living with OCD in our midst (Hmmm…maybe I could have named it, “OCD In Our Midst”).
3. What inspires you to write a blog post? Sometimes I write because I am overwhelmed with emotions and I need somewhere to put them. Other times, an issue or comment makes me feel like I need to say something. Occasionally, my hubby or Michael says, “You should write about that.”
4. Do you use an off-line editor for composing your blog posts, and if so, which one and why? Okay, going to sound dumb here: What’s an off-line editor? So the answer is, no, I don’t use one.
5. If you could cure any disease what would it be? Can’t I cure them all? Right now I’d like to cure all auto-immune diseases because my mom is really suffering from one and no one can seem to figure out what to do. Her suffering is just unfair.
6. What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time? I can’t decide if I like to eat or to cook more!
7. Using 10 words or less, how would you describe yourself? Sensitive, inquisitive, caring, (too) serious, emotional, funny, driven, conscientious. Don’t I sound like a barrel full of fun?
8. If your life were made into a movie, who would play you in the film and why? Julianna Margulies. Why? Because she rocks the curly or straight look and I like to pretend that I look like her. And she’s a pretty amazing actress!
9. How would your life change if you were to win the lottery? So, I don’t play the lottery because I rarely win anything. I once tried to play the nickel slot machines in Las Vegas and I was so angry when I lost my roll of nickels!!!
10. Miracle Whip or real mayonnaise? Miracle whip – light.
11. Paper or plastic? I carry my own bags around with me.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I cry when I hear people sing live.
2. I love old china teacups! My grandmother got me into it. Now I can’t stop collecting!
3. I have two turtles as pets and one day I imagine having a whole bunch of turtles and tortoises in my yard.
4. One of the most spiritual moments of my life was when I came face-to-face with a green sea turtle while snorkeling. It was like time stopped.
5. I’m a sucker for murder mystery novels.
6. One day I want to travel by ship down the east cost of South America and get all the way to Antarctica on an ice breaker!
7. My favorite comfort food is macaroni and ketchup! Sounds silly, right? Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it. My mom used to make it for me when I was a kid. I don’t know where it came from, but now it’s my go-to when I’m needing a little nurturing.
8. When I was little I kept a dollhouse in my bedroom in hopes that a family of little people would move in. I’m still waiting…
9. Blake is made of Junior Mints. I craved ’em when I was pregnant with him.
10. Michael is made of tacos and bean burritos!
11. I’d love to sing in a choir, but I’ve never had the guts to audition.
My Turn To Nominate
1. International OCD Foundation Blog: I have no idea why this blog has less than 200 followers. It should have a million followers! This blog highlights the latest that is up with the International OCD Foundation, an organization that truly is there for people with OCD, their friends and family, and clinicians and researchers, alike!
2. Ellen’s OCD Blog: Ellen is fifteen. Fifteen! She is a gifted writer who shares her own experiences of having OCD while being an activist who brings awareness to the cause. I appreciate her ability to share openly an honestly, as well as her determination not to give up in the face of this disorder.
3. My Twice Baked Potato: Kelly is an elementary school teacher and a mom to a twice-exceptional young man. I appreciate her honesty and her steadfast commitment to her own son and to the needs of families with gifted and special needs children.
4. Dreams to be Anxiety Free: Emily provides a true service by sharing what it is really like to live with OCD. She has an amazing grasp on OCD and what it takes to get better. I am constantly touched by her wisdom.
Wow, I just realized how difficult it is to nominate 11 blogs. I read lots of other wonderful blogs, but in looking at them, they have more than 200 followers. So, I leave you with this small, but mighty, list.
Questions For My Nominees
1. What prompted you to start blogging?
2. Do you have a favorite post you’ve written (and, if so, link us to it)?
3. If there was one thing that you could change in your past, what would it be?
4. What is the one “takeaway” you’d like readers to get from reading your blog?
5. Share a funny moment.
6. Who, or what, inspires you?
7. If a movie were made about your blog, who would star in it?
8. Dark or milk chocolate?
9. If you spent a week in outer space, what would you take with you?
10. What’s your favorite non-blogging hobby?
11. A long lost aunt leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
Cheers all! And thank you again, Mrs. Stone!!